Pupil Premium grant expenditure 2018 /19
Overview of the school
Number of pupils and pupil premium grant (PPG) received
Total number of pupils on roll 190
Total number of pupils eligible for PPG 21
Amount of PPG received per pupil £1,320 or £2,300
Total amount of PPG received £32,620
Nature of Support 2018/19
The funding received from Pupil Premium has been allocated in the following ways
- Set up, resource and run a daily Nurture Group
- Training for learning support assistants to develop SEMH support within school
- Speech and Language training and resources for learning support assistants to deliver 1:1 support
- Continued 1:1 tuition for vulnerable pupils at risk of falling behind or not making expected progress
- Additional teacher assistant hours to reduce group size for Read Write Inc groups in KS1
- Counsellor to support individual children to improve social and emotional well being, self image and self esteem
- Individual pupil funding for residential trips and extracurricular activities
Curriculum focus of PPG
The school has focused its additional support on SEMH (social, emotional & mental health), speech & language, literacy and numeracy through targeted support from additional teacher and learning support assistant hours. This has reduced group sizes to increase individualised input. There has been additional investment in CPD for SENCo and learning support assistants, particularly to build capacity within school to offer pastoral support.
Measuring the impact of PPG spending
Children eligible for PPG are identified and monitored as a vulnerable group. At termly pupil progress meetings these children are discussed, their needs identified and intervention planned.
Outcomes Summer 2018
- Early Years Foundation Stage & Year 1 phonics - the impact of Read Write Inc was seen at the end of the summer 2018 with GLD in EYFS & working at being above national.
- Key Stage 1 (2018) - Impact of the PPG can be seen with all disadvantaged pupils progress being at least good and 96% of individual targets met.
- End of Key Stage 2 (2018) – Impact of PPG can be seen with 100% of disadvantaged pupils meeting age related expectations in all subject which is significantly above national.
- Year 3 - Impact of the PPG can be seen with all disadvantaged pupils progress being at least good and 96% of individual targets met.
- Year 4 - Impact of the PPG can be seen with all disadvantaged pupils progress being at least good and 96% of individual targets met.
- Year 5 - Impact of the PPG can be seen with all disadvantaged pupils progress being at least good and 96% of individual targets met.